Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Are you Bored with your Food?

So, lots of my friends love to cook. It might be one of the reasons we get along so well :) A couple of them have asked where I have been coming up with all of these new recipes, and all I can respond with is The Chew. Have you heard of the new addition to ABC daytime? It got on the air last September and replaced some of the soap operas whose viewership was lagging. I have to say that even though I like a good soap while I am doing dishes, I have gotten so much more out of The Chew. Think of a cooking show from food network, with lots of fun and comedy, and a little bit of talk show.

I have tried so many new things that I just never would have thought of before thanks to this show. And my husband says that my cooking skills are becoming legendary among his co-workers. I honestly don't watch it during the normal airing time because our TV in only hooked up for movies and Netflix, but it is available on ABC's website with half of the commercials. Its a great option for those of us who are super busy during the day.  They store up to 5 episodes on their website (a week of airtime). Check it out today. One episode will take you under 45 minutes including commercials.

Another website that has changed the way I cook is Pinterest. There are lots of websites out there that let you create a recipe box of stuff they have and store thousands of recipes from different users. My problem has been that I end up need an account with all of them and then I have trouble keeping track of what website had which amazing dish. With Pinterest- an online pin board- I can create links directly to the recipes I want from almost any website. I can also see what other yummy stuff other people on their network are posting and link that. Lots of bloggers are getting their recipes and entertaining tips out there thanks to the cute photos they take. Just be sure to try stuff after you "pin it." It can get addictive to just spend all your time finding recipes, but what good is that if you never make them?

The Chew's official Website

Pinterest Main Page

No comments:

Post a Comment