Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Scrap Quilt

Finished Quilt on our Bed.
Any good crafty person will probably have a few projects going at once. A bad crafty person will let them sit and never finish them. I make sure to set deadlines and goals for finishing my projects. Sometimes I have to adjust them to be more realistic, but I always try to finish them. 

First completed row of the quilt.


This Quilt is just one example of that in my own home. While my husband was deployed I worked on this to keep me busy. Any other military spouses know what I mean? Those long nights when you can't sleep so you work yourself into exhaustion? Well, its one of the things that works for me. I used a someone else's pattern so I wont be posting it for sale on etsy, but I can make pillows after altering the size of the motif a bit if anyone is interested. I made it a point to use this project as a "stash buster." I only used remnants or leftovers from other projects to make all of the squares. Tonight I stitched on the batting and the backing to make a soft quilt. I hope this inspires a few of you to use your scraps too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment